Friday, April 3, 2009

...are dead.

So, we had our first (and last) preview of Hamlet last night. It went well. I mean, it went well for me. No explosions. No one shoved me off stage crying that I was a charlatan. It was pretty low key. But that's not bad.

The only problem I see myself having over this opening weekend is my energy level. I'm going into another one of those times where I'm working, going straight from work to the Tavern, going straight from the Tavern to home and bed, and getting up and starting it all over again. Now, I'm blessed to be acting. I know that. I'm not complaining. I'm just fatigued, is all. I'm looking forward to Monday, which is the next day that I can get up later than 7:30, and the last day that I can do that for...two weeks? That feels right, looking at my calendar.

But it's been a very good week. I've found that I'm closer to graduation than I thought. Yes, folks, I'm not a college graduate. But that is truly a conversation for another day. And, I don't know if you've heard this, or even care, but the University of Kentucky has a new basketball coach that I might be a little bit excited about. PLUS LOUISVILLE LOST IN THE TOURNAMENT! This has been a really good week...

I really want to find some people to play basketball with... I need to play some ball, even though I'm not particularly good.

Hamlet opens, for proper, tonight. I lay my services freely at your feet to be commanded.

No comments: