Friday, August 14, 2009

You want the moon?

I actually have some stuff to cover! How exciting.

I saw one of the last performances of Pippin at Stage Door Players. I don't know what it is, but I've come into the two shows I've seen at SDP expecting to not like them. Don't Dress For Dinner? Eh, it's a farce. Don't care for farces. Pippin? Eh, it's a musical. I'm not a musical person. BUT, both times, I've really enjoyed myself.

Seriously, y'all. I'm NOT a musical person, but Pippin was pretty great, in parts. Josh and Courtney Donahue (Fellow Kidstuf'ers) were faboo. Craig Waldrep was great as Charlemagne. Will Bradley as Pippin was exactly what I imagine Pippin to be, mercurial without seeming too annoying. All in all, I truly enjoyed it.

Speaking of SDP, I'll be heading out there next Friday for my very first Woodie Awards. Don't hold out hope for me in my category, y'all. It ain't happening. But, it should be a fun night. Robert Egizio is a beacon of energy and I'm going with Abby Parker, so there's no question it'll be a good time.

I've got a couple of auditions coming up. One is my second callback for It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play at ART Station, the other is an audition for Dead Man's Cell Phone at Synchronicity. I only mention this, because I want them both quite a bit. Send good vibes my way. I'll update you if there's anything worth updating.

There's another thing I'll be doing (not acting) at a pretty big theatre in town, but I'm still not talking about it until I'm involved in my first rehearsal...or whatever. So I'll cover that later as well.

Birthday is in about a month. I can say, in all honesty, it's going to be awesome.

No comments: