Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Music Detox - Day 1 - Monday - Stay on the Grind

So, I was listening to the new album by The Antlers today and thought, "MAN, I've been listening to a LOT of Sad Bastard Music lately." For the record, I don't think I need to explain Sad Bastard Music...but if you've ever heard Bon Iver, you know what I'm talking about.

Anyhow, over this week, I'm embarking on a musical journey to crank the joy notch in my life up. Each day will have a theme. Join me, won't you? I'll try to keep it to about the length of a CD, in case you want to burn your very own copy. But, if that's true, you should really just get an mp3 player.

I'll post tracklists for each playlist daily, hopefully.

Yay for blog content!

1 - Jay-Z - Izzo (H.O.V.A.)
2 - Outkast - Bombs Over Baghdad
3 - R. Kelly - Hair Braider
4 - Clipse (Feat. Kanye West) - Kinda Like a Big Deal
5 - TI (Feat. Kanye West, Jay Z & Lil' Wayne) - Swagger Like Us
6 - 50 Cent (Feat. G-Unit)- Hate It Or Love It Remix
7 - Lil' Kim (Feat. Sisqo) - How Many Licks (Ed's Note: I was providing links to all of these songs, until I got to this one...and I just thought, "There's NO way that's a good idea." Look these songs up at your own risk, folks...)
8 - Lil Wayne (Feat. Young Money)- Filet Mignone
9 - T-Pain (Feat. J Lyriq) - 69
10 - Mos Def - Life In Marvelous Times
11 - DMX (Feat. Swizz Beatz) - Get It On The Floor
12 - Joe Budden (Feat. Busta Rhymes) - Fire
13 - Lil Wayne (Feat. Jay-Z) - Mr. Carter
14 - Ol' Dirty Bastard (Feat. Kelis) - Got Your Money
15 - Outkast - So Fresh So Clean
16 - Sean Paul - Like Glue
17 - Lil Wayne - Let The Beat Build
18 - T-Pain - Backseat Action
19 - R. Kelly - Ignition (Remix)

No comments: