Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 3 - Revenge of High School Jacob

Hey folks. Before we get into your regularly scheduled musical post, I do have a short bit of news.

I was so worried I wasn't going to be acting this fall. Looks like I'm going to be singing in Middle School Musical, a Theatre for Young audiences offering from (dramatic pause) The Alliance. I'm ridiculously psyched. This couldn't have worked out better on multiple levels. I'll still get to go to Orlando on my birthday, I'm going to be able to work out my other trips out of town, I get to branch out and get a musical and a new theatre on my resume, I get to work with the amazing Rosemary Newcott, and, on top of it, it's the Alliance. I mean, come on! What isn't to like?

I really lucked out here, guys. I don't know how it happened, but I'm pleased it did.

---

All of this came from a pretty hectic and stressful day yesterday.

8:00 - Wake up. Iron clothes. Shower. Get ready. Drive.
9:30 - Shoot a video for reThink. Wear cowboy boots. Eat one chicken biscuit.
3:00 - Head from reThink straight to The Alliance for my Middle School Musical callback.
5:00 - Head STRAIGHT from the callback to work.
9:00 - Head STRAIGHT from work to my audition for Grease at Georgia Ensemble Theatre. It doesn't shame me to say that I don't consider myself a "singer", but I am always proud of myself when I overcome the fears I have and really commit to it. Thanks to Bethany Irby for being the one playing the piano. She calmed me down quite a bit...

If I have time to prepare, I'm a servicable singer... It's still nerve wracking. But a little pat on the back to me for doing it twice in one day. Watch out, folks. Musical theatre royalty coming through. (/irony)
10:00 - Go home. Collapse. Sleep like a baby.

---

Now, why you really came... You want to know what the next mix is.

Day 3 - Revenge of High School Jacob

1 - House of Pain - Jump Around
2 - Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
3 - Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
4 - Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
5 - Dave Matthews Band - Lie in Our Graves
6 - Fun Lovin' Criminals - Fun Lovin' Criminals
7 - Live - All Over You
8 - Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
9 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze
10 - Sevendust - Black
11 - Spin Doctors - Jimmy Olsen's Blues
12 - Fastball - Out of My Head
13 - Green Day - 2000 Light Years Away
14 - Rufio - Above Me
15 - Rx Bandits - Analog Boy
16 - Goldfinger - Superman
17 - The K.G.B. - I'm a Player
18 - Less Than Jake - Last Hour on the Last Day of Work
19 - Suicide Machines - New Girl
20 - D'Angelo - Send It On
22 - The Fugees - Fu-Gee-La
23 - Wyclef Jean - To All The Girls
24 - Beastie Boys - Sure Shot

No comments: