Saturday, August 23, 2008

We must have bloody noses and crack'd crowns...

I just wanted to record this moment when I had the chance.

For one of my auditions coming up, I've started to memorize a new piece of Hotspur text. It's the scene with Lady Percy and I just think it strikes right to the heart of that character. He and his wife are, bar none, my favorite couple in Shakespeare. They have such limited interaction, but their relationship is so clear and well defined. And, man, they just love one another so damn much.

As I was going through, reading the speech to myself aloud, I got a little tingle. This little shot that went up my spine and ended up somewhere in my chest. I love this character so much. I just love this character so much.

EDIT: For the record, I will rarely comment specifically on auditions that are coming up. BUT, in regards to Henry IV Part 1, I will ALWAYS mention when I am auditioning for a place performing it. I've only done it once before, and I was offered a different part. Boo to that. It's Hotspur or Bust!

Although, to be fair...maybe not necessarily in this case.

No comments: