Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Let's call this halfway...

At the end of a long day at work, nothing quite like settling down to listen to some Bonnie "Prince" Billy on a rapidly deflating air mattress and blogging to keep you folks updated.

So, the update...

- We shot the stuff for Kidstuf! I just realized I'm going to be MORE busy with them than I initially planned, but that's great. I actually really like everyone I've been in contact with. I hope my cast is a great as all of the regulars I've been working with so far. We shot a couple of scenes for the show and one for the website. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, but I will say that one involved about two pounds of candy corn and is, literally, the grossest thing I've ever done in the name of performance.

- We also had the first of a couple of big rehearsals for Henry VI today with another coming tomorrow. I was knocked over a bit when we changed characters in medias res. I'm no longer playing Iden in part two. It appears I'll just be playing Somerset throughout. Which ain't bad. I like Somerset. He's got a...clear vision. BUT...I'll probably go ahead and use the resumes that I've already printed out...

It's going beautifully, though. I'm so proud to be a part of it.

- While my girlfriend was in town, we went to Center for Puppetry Arts, since the little lady is a big fan of Jim Henson. I'm sure we'll go back once the Jim Henson wing opens properly. Anyway, saw the Ugly Duckling while we were there. Super cute. And, you know, educational. The museum was interesting too, but the room filled with puppets that would randomly move...it set sort of a weird, foreboding mood for the rest of the time in that area. Creepy, in it's own right.

Tomorrow we've got another big, long rehearsal and, wonder of wonders, my first chance to go work out! I'm so happy about that. I miss working out when I go too long without it.

"When you get your flock together, please take me along. Lord, I'm too weak to travel. I'll be glad you're strong and I'll lean on your arm."

No comments: