Saturday, September 19, 2009

Retrospective

The end of the year is generally my time for retrospection, but I think this is a special cause. Let me break it down for you. This is going to get a bit personal.

26 has not been a good year.

I mean, sure, one or two good things have happened in it, but, by and large, it will be remembered for the following things.

- The year Clair (my girlfriend of ALMOST 3 years. Almost.) and I broke up.
- The year ALL the dogs in my family died.
- The year I fell off a bit in regards to work. Granted, maybe this is just my opinion, but it seems like I've worked less this year. I was so very busy last year...
- The year my Granny died.

It's been a hard one, but, as I've said to other people, this is the year that everything shows. The work that I have put in this year is going to pay dividends starting now. I've got some good stuff going into my 27th year of life. My gig at The Alliance is coming up, along with the TYA show I'm co-directing for them, which has been great fun. I've got two out of state auditions coming up with places I would really love to work for. I've gotten more confident singing at auditions, which was a big stumbling block in the past. All this, and I started off the year in one of my favorite places in the world with one of my favorite people in the world.

26 was balls, folks. Let's be honest. 27...now that's the year for me...

---

Needless to say, Florida was fun. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween was WONDERFUL! I strongly advise anyone go... it was the best.

Also got to ride the new coaster at Universal, the Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket. You've never ridden a coaster until you've ridden one with Daft Punk blaring in your ears, that's all I'm saying.

---

That's all for now, but I'm POSITIVE that I'll have something more this week, in spite of how busy I am. High five.

No comments: