Monday, September 28, 2009

King of the Road

So, remember when I said I'm sure I would post another blog last week? Well, that was before the power supply on my computer went kaput thanks to the storm. Oh well...here's a bunch of random notes.

---

I'm on the road again this week. It seems like I'm always in my car. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that I'd like to slow down a bit. I know, though, that I've got AT LEAST one thing taking me out of town through December, and maybe through February... We got American Shakespeare Center, DC trip, Christmas and UPTA. Lots of miles...

---

We're about to begin rehearsals for Middle School Musical at The Alliance, which is exciting. I think this is going to be a good show already. We're all bringing a lot of stuff to the table.

---

BUT, you know me well, blogfriend... Just because I currently have a job, doesn't mean that I've stopped freaking out about future employment. I've got nothing in November and December, which is...ok. I would have liked to have gotten It's a Wonderful Life out at ART Station, but losing out to any of those folks isn't a diss to me. There are more opportunities coming up in January, which is good, but not exactly something I can fall back on... I'm just hoping I can get in for a few auditions at some places I haven't been before (Actor's Express, Dad's Garage) and maybe get a solid part in Lear or Shrew at The Tavern. Eh, I'm just thinking out loud at this point. I try to plan so meticulously, but it rarely works out...

---

There are some people in my life that I really miss right now... Hope I get to see 'em soon.

---

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, which a Youth Players show at The Alliance that I'm assistant directing with KG Morton, is going beautifully. There are a lot of really talented, really great kids in it. It makes me wish I had done stuff like that when I was young...

More info on that when we get closer to performance time.

---

I'm a man of means, by no means king of the road.

No comments: