Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SCHRIPPP

So, yesterday was an eventful day! I'll get to Tavern World Picture Day in a bit, but first...

I was over at a friend's house watching some Sopranos and decided I wanted to bring some of my new dumbbells over to her place so that I could finish up my workout while still being social. Toward the end of my workout, I decided to do some... I dunno, laying down tricep extension things. Essentially, it looks sorta like this, except I was laying on my back with my arm in front of me, as opposed to over my head. Anyway, I was apparently more tired than I thought, or I misjudged the weight in general, because the weight plummeted to the ground, taking my arm with it. My shoulder made a noise not unlike ripping celery in half. My first reaction was a sort of terrified laughter. I couldn't stop laughing, I was so shocked. I was worried and scared, but it didn't hurt. Like, at all.

Since then, it has started hurting. I've been alternating ice and heat on it since then, as much as possible. I bought these weights at a yard sale. I personally blame Robert Egizio.

So, anyway, by the time I got to Tavern World Picture Day, my shoulder was feeling sort of weirdly loose. However, the set up earlier in the day was so much fun. There's just something about checking in with where the Tavern has been, and in such a short time. Also, it's nice to see all of these pictures now that I actually know who some of the people in them are.

It was nice to meet the new apprentices (apprenti?). They seem like a good group. I'll wait until later to pass judgment on all of them.

No comments: