Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I've never had it so well...

What's going on in my life?

- Actin'! I just wrapped the official, final Much Ado last night. It was a weird sort of epilogue. I was acutely aware of our final day at the Tavern and treated it as such. By the time we got to the show at McIntosh, I think a lot of people were sort of done with Much Ado. BUT, that isn't to say we gave a poor show. With all of the impediments in the way, I think we gave the same kind of performance we would have given for anyone, which speaks well of us, considering there was a group in house left for the first act that simply would NOT shut up. If any of them happen to be reading this, thank you for leaving at intermission. If we're not your thing, that's fine, but there were a LOT of people in there who were enjoying what we were doing.

Also, there is Twelfth Night.

- Memorizin'. I'm fairly off book for Benedick and Hotspur, but that's to be expected, now isn't it? Ford and Marcus are coming slower, but I have no doubts that I'll have them under my belt soon. I'm really excited about going up there to audition.

- Kidstufin'. We gave what I'm considering a Kidstuf preview at the announcements at Buckhead Church the other day. It was a trip. Singing Bon Jovi to a packed church house is an interesting experience. Literally, every day I am involved in Kidstuf, I am happier that I was their second choice. I KEED, but I am RIDICULOUSLY happy that I'm involved.

- Reminiscin'. It's my birthday today and I'm listening to United States of Electronica. It always makes me happy, and always makes me think of days gone by. I miss people. I miss my friends. I miss Kentucky and I miss my family. But, like I said about the end of Much Ado last night, it's more sweet than bitter. I've never had it so well...never had it so well...

No comments: