Sunday, September 7, 2008

No, Al, you haven't gained an ounce since the day you were born...

You know, I rarely talk specifically about auditions on here, but, I dunno, I'm just pretty disappointed in my OnStage Atlanta audition. Of course, nothing they did. They were super nice. I was just thrown off by some stuff earlier in the day, and was trying something new with this monologue. I was trying to show this guy at almost a loss for words, which probably isn't the best audition idea when these people don't know my acting.

On top of that, I'm not sure if I like this monologue. I mean, that's not true. I know I like it. It's broad, but funny (I think) and shows a character that I rarely get to do. I just don't want that character to be "sexist dude". It's a monologue about a girl thinking she's fat, and how ridiculous the guy thinks that is. I always get uncomfortable before doing it. I mean, I like it, but I know insecurity is such an issue, it might just be a better idea to send this monologue into early retirement and call it a day.

But, you know, the people were nice. That was cool.

Whatever the case may be, I KNOW I need some new contemporary monologues. I've never been particularly good at picking them out. Anyone have any suggestions?

BUT, no time to settling into actor's favorite pass time, which is self-doubt. I've got a C-Lod to be tonight!

No comments: