Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sorry for the absence

Real life has intruded pretty heavily on my blogging. I've had some pretty serious things happen in the past few weeks. If you care to know anything about them, feel free to e-mail me. I find that I tend to be pretty open about most things. I just hesitate putting them here, even though I know it would be good for me, in a way.

I never got to talk about the last Kidstuf we did! Sadly, I probably won't, at this point, since much of the high has worn off. But, suffice it to say, it was (no exaggeration) one of the best artistic experiences of my entire life. I think so much of it is because I'm essentially playing myself. Sure, there are bits and pieces where I'm some guy with a zany hat on, and obviously we're dealing with a sort of heightened reality, but I'm just Jacob... Which was why it was so emotional. And rewarding.

I just wrapped up rehearsal for Hamlet, which is a lot of fun, thus far. Obviously, nice to be back in the building. Nice to see my friends. Nice to be in ATL, ya know?

I've got a couple of out of town general auditions set up for the next couple of months and they BOTH involve all night driving after a performance of Hamlet. I'm such a dummy... But an active dummy is better than a lazy one.

I need to find a monologue from Midsummer. Maybe one of the lovers?

I've got a lot in my head right now. Maybe it'll all fall out eventually, but for now, I'll see you on the other side.

No comments: