Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Really cool event"

So, if you folks really want to see me act (read: have a script in my hands and desperately struggle to make eye contact with my fellow actor and audience), but simply can't wait the week for Hamlet, come on out to the Tavern March 30th. I'll let the press release do the rest of the heavy lifting. More from me after.


The Atlanta Shakespeare Company cordially invites you to a really cool event on
March 30th, from 7 to 8:30 pm

Tiffany Stern, Professor of Early Modern Drama (Oxford University) and Beaverbrook and Bouverie Fellow and Tutor in English (University College) will be visiting Georgia the last week of March, under the aegis of the Pierce Program at Oxford College of Emory University, and is giving an informal talk at the Shakespeare Tavern on her research on Shakespeare and original practices in Elizabethan theatre. Her areas of interest include Shakespeare, Early Modern Theatre and Early Modern Texts. She is the author of several books, including Rehearsal from Shakespeare to Sheridan, Making Shakespeare: From Page to Stage and Shakespeare in Parts.

Join Professor Stern, ASC Artistic Director Jeff Watkins, Director of Education and Training Laura Cole and some of your favorite Tavern actors as they take part in an informal presentation with Professor Stern on her research into Shakespeare’s rehearsal processes, performances and texts. A lively discussion is sure to follow and will include acting demonstrations of our style.

This is going to be really cool for all you Shakespeare geeks out there!

If you have enjoyed the style of performance the Tavern specializes in, or would like to know more about Tavern rehearsal processes, how we mount each show, what goes on in the rehearsal hall and why our shows are performed the way they are, you should not miss this opportunity!

This is a free and casual event but please RSVP to our box office at boxoffice@shakespearetavern.com or 404-874-5299 ext. 0. (Food not available, but the bar will be open! House opens at 6:30pm)


So, yeah, I'll be doing that. I'll even be performing with my former partner, Tiffany Porter, who I haven't acted straight on with since Twelfth Night. Actually...we didn't even really act head on in that...so...

But, yeah, come out. Have a beer. Listen to an important scholar. Watch me try to memorize a line or two before we go on stage. It'll be fun.

EDIT: I will now also be acting with Drew Reeves in a scene from Cymbeline. The very same scene I did for my final scene night as an apprentice...but on the other side, as Posthumus as opposed to Iachimo. It's going to be difficult, because I hated Posthumus so much. I've got, like, three days to figure out why and how I feel for him. Oh...and memorize the lines. Some folks aren't lucky to have a photographic memory. Hate you, Abby... HATE YOU!

Not really, folks. We actually had a very good time at the Cut Copy / Matt and Kim show last night. But that is neither here nor there. I need to work on lines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't hate, playah. don't hate.