Monday, October 27, 2008

Recent non-acting related happenings...

I just got back from Florida. It was phenomenal. I went down, ostensibly, to attend the wedding of a good friend, but it was just as much to hang out with my ex, Leva, who is still one of my very best friends. Not to mention she got custody of the cat in the divorce, so it's an excuse to visit her as well. She slept on my chest when I stayed in Leva's guest room. It was pretty heart warming. I miss her.

The day after, we kicked around at Universal Studios and Halloween Horror Nights and I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. Pretty swanky, all in all.

The wedding was beautiful. The days spent there were amazing. It's one of those times that make me ache to go back. I know there are people who think I'm ridiculous for loving the area (Hi Mike and Carolyn...), but it's so ingrained in me to want to be there. It's the first place I found a truly rewarding non-acting job. It's the first place I really lived away from home. It's where, for lack of a better term, I sorta became an adult. I love it...

I came back and immediately drove to a huge Halloween party with Tavern people. Followed that up by going to see Weezer. Followed THAT up by getting up at 5:45 to go to Kidstuf rehearsal. I've been going non-stop since I got back, but I wouldn't trade it.

On one acting related note, I've got an audition coming up tomorrow, which is the last one that I'm going to stress about for a while. I actually had a dream about it while I was in Florida. I don't know if that means good, ill, or doesn't mean anything. Either way, it's been on my mind pretty heavily. Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Enjoying the theme parks is one thing, but if you ever become one of those pod people in "Celebration"... Well, you can kiss your chances of ever seeing a picture of my old nose goodbye, sir.