Thursday, July 10, 2008

Love me, already

I'm getting to the point where I'm counting down the hours... Hedwig was sort of my one highlight for the week. Now, I'm down to one more shift at work and hanging out with some friends, and I'm out of here.

I'm feeling more encouraged about finding the next part, just in general. I think I just need to put myself out there more, frankly. I've done a lot of e-mailing in the last couple of days, so hopefully something will come of it. At the very least, I'm making contact with people, which is good. Working at only the Tavern feels very insular sometimes. I want to keep getting out and seeing shows and taking advantage of industry nights. I want to meet more people and get out there in Atlanta more. I'm thinking about staying in Atlanta for the long haul. I need to get to know people. And, hey, I'm doing it! Hate networking. Can't think of it like that. Networking feels so cold and calloused. I just want to get to know people...

Alright...one more day to figure out stuff to write...then I can treat myself to a couple of days off. Maybe I'll rant about comp policy tomorrow...

No comments: