Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Cusp

Wow, but it has been a busy couple of weeks. Let me catch you up.

---

Middle School: The Musical at The Alliance was a rousing success. Everyone involved was just lovely, and I looked forward to spitting my rhyme at the end of the show every day. I'm sad that it was such a short run, but maybe we'll be back...

---

Also, having done a show at The Alliance, I have found an odd connection. I've found that I'm more invested in Atlanta theatre, for some reason. I mean, this is my second theatre in Atlanta proper, and I made such great contacts that I can't help but feel like something good is coming. Diany, one of my fellow actors in MSM said that she feels like I'm on the cusp of something. Now, I don't know about that, but I DO think that it isn't ridiculous to hope that this little, fun show is the beginnings of a snowball that will hopefully turn my career into, at least, the bottom of a snowman...

Of course, I could be wrong and this could all blow up in my face, so who knows?

---

Speaking of Diany, she has been my theatre companion over the last four weeks or so, and I have seen a lot of theatre. Right off the top of my head, I've got Bunnicula at Synchronicity, Richard III and Macbeth at the Tavern, Julius Caesar at Georgia Shakespeare, and A Life in the Theatre and Second City: Peach Drop, Stop and Roll at The Alliance. It's been wonderful! Some of the standouts were Tiffany Porter (obviously...) in MacB, Amber Nash (Of Dad's Garage fame...) in Second City, and, it sorta goes without saying, Andre DeShields in A Life. Many people were very good, but these guys just get a bonus pat on the back from me.

And, I gotta say, this month has given me the itch to do Shakespeare again. Hard. It has also given me the itch to work all over town. Man, I would love to work with GA Shakes and Synchro. Man, I would love to do more stuff with The Alliance and the Tavern. Man, I want to work! I'm hungry...

---

Maybe there's more. Maybe there's not. Personal life is going very well, thanks for asking.

---

Also, I would be insane if I didn't give a shout out to Veronika Duerr. She turned in one of the best performances I saw last year in Tradin' Paint. Well, apparently, the Atlanta theatre illuminati agreed with me, because she won the Suzi Bass Award for Best Actress. I'm bursting at the seams with joy for her.

---

Maybe there's more. Maybe there's not. You'll know if you need to.

No comments: