Friday, January 23, 2009

Show me the sidestreets in your life...

Remember on my old blog where I used to start every entry with a title track? Well, let's get nostalgic.

Title Track: Good Ol' Fashioned Nightmare by Matt and Kim. I'm LOVING their new album. Absolutely loving it. It reveals new facets to me during every listen. I dunno what it is with me and sorta twee bands featuring two people, one on drums, one on keyboard. Weird.

My musical rotation the last few days, you ask? Grand by Matt and Kim, The Friday Night Lights OST by Explosions in the Sky, the Slumdog Millionaire OST by A.R.Rahman, and a couple of singles (Rolling Stones, "Gimmie Shelter", Royksopp's "Happy Up Here")

Yeah, you needed to know that.

We open Spreading It Around tonight at Stage Door Players. We had our first preview last night. It was a pleasure to get an audience in there. We're actually sold out tonight, so that's good. Show up tipsy. You'll enjoy it more.

I've had a tumultuous couple of days. Lots of personal stuff bouncing around in my head. It's odd...and it makes me carry tension in my jaw. Crazy!

I really need to make sure my UPTA monologues are honed down to a razor sharp level. I may or may not have said it here, but I'm not sure there's anything for me here in Atlanta between the months of February and May except Hamlet. Scarrrrry.

Let's get down and boogie. If you're coming to the gala at Stage Door tonight, say hi. If you're coming at some other point, still say hi.

Sell your shoes. Go see Slumdog Millionaire.

I hope that someday I'll see without these frames.

No comments: